You will need an unexpired prescription to access these resources.
$35 COVID Card
A patient can use the $35 copay card until Eli Lilly reaches $7,500 in annual contributions. This means, someone paying full price with a high deductible plan or someone without insurance who uses 3-4 vials a month may hit the Eli Lilly $7,500 contribution cap within 6-7 months.
Lilly Cares Program
This is a program you must apply for. If eligible, your insulin will be provided for free for up to 12 months.
You will need:
- A healthcare provider who is available to fill out their portion of the application
- A copy of financial documents that prove your income
You can also choose whether to have your medication shipped directly to your home or your healthcare provider’s office. If you have questions about the program or the application process, you can call Lilly Cares Foundation at 1-800-545-6962, Monday through Friday, from 8am to 6pm Eastern.
To apply for Lilly Cares, fill out the Lilly Cares program application. You can do this by clicking here: WWW.LILLYCARES.COM. You can either complete the application online or submit via fax.
To complete the application online, click here: WWW.LILLYCARESESERVICE.COM You will need the following information in order to submit your application:
- The email address of the healthcare professional who prescribes your insulin. You can call your healthcare provider’s office to get that email address.
- A copy of your financial documents that prove your income, which will be uploaded in the online application. Financial documents could be paystubs, a wage statement (IRS W-2), a Social Security Benefit Statement (Form SSA-1099), or a copy of your unemployment statement.
To print and fax or mail a copy of the application, download the Lilly Cares program application at WWW.LILLYCARES.COM on the Resources tab. You can also request a Lilly Cares application be sent via mail by calling Lilly Cares Foundation at 1-800-545-6962.
- Fill out pages 2-4 and sign.
- Provide this application to your healthcare provider, who will fill out page 5-6.
- Collect your financial documentation (last year’s Federal Tax return, or paystubs, a wage statement (IRS W-2), a Social Security Benefit Statement (Form SSA-1099), or a copy of your unemployment statement.
- Either fax the application into Lilly Cares Foundation at 1-844-431-6650 or mail to the address on the application. (If you bring your financial documents with you to your healthcare provider’s office, they may be able to fax those documents to help make this process easier and faster.)
If you qualify for Lilly Cares:
- You and your healthcare provider will receive a letter notifying you of enrollment.
- You will be enrolled for 12 months. If you are Medicare Part D patient, you will be enrolled through the end of the calendar year.
- You will be contacted regarding medication shipment.
If you do not qualify for Lilly Cares, a notice will be sent to you and your healthcare provider.
Insulin Lispro is an “authorized generic” provided by Eli Lilly. It is literally Humalog that has been re-labeled. It is the exact same insulin as Humalog. This insulin is available for half the list price of Humalog.
Your pharmacy may have to order this insulin in advance. You may also have to explain to them that this is an authorized generic that you wish to purchase and not Humalog under its brand name. Certain pharmacies may not be able to order this for you based off of their distributors so it is important to check multiple pharmacies if needed.